Tuesday, June 26, 2007

8 random facts meme

I have been tagged by John Dennehy (aka the Evilutionary biologist) in this 8 random facts meme. The rules are:
  • We have to post these rules before we give you the facts.
  • Players start with eight random facts/habits about themselves.
  • People who are tagged need to write their own blog about their eight things and post these rules.
  • At the end of your blog, you need to choose eight people to get tagged and list their names.
  • Don’t forget to leave them a comment telling them they’re tagged, and to read your blog.

1. When I saw I'd been tagged for this, my first though was: how big a population of facts do I need to generate in order to make sure that the list of 8 will seem random?

2. I own more that one microscope.

3. I have never known what I wanted to be when I grow up (I still don't).

4. I love the change of seasons and do my best to never complain about the weather.

5. There is a definite trend in the size of the organisms I've studies since college: penguins > tilapia > phytoplankon > bacteria ... ?

6. My dog's name is Larry

7. I live on an island off the the coast (if Spalding Grey can say that about Manhattan, I can say it about Aquidneck Island)

8. I am pretty sure this is not a random list but we'll have to check with Larry to be certain.

So many people have already done this so for the last part, I'll steal this from Tara: anyone who's not been hit already, feel free to consider yourself tagged.

2 comments:

John Dennehy said...

penguins > tilapia > phytoplankon > bacteria ... ?

Nice trend, but you still haven't hit rock bottom :P

My trajectory:
pronghorn > mosquitoes > C. elegans > bacteriophage

Andrew Staroscik said...

I guess I saw that coming. I have been consistent with the aquatic theme. Maybe next I can take on the role of viruses in the paradox of the plankton